1. The Schwabe Straight Ram SR Series design allows for full tonnage over the entire stroke of the platen unlike many other 4-Post presses
2. Side die loading is a unique option with this design while providing fast die changeover benefits typically less than 3 minutes.
3. The Press dimensions start at 32” Deep x 64” Wide and are available in 4”Depth and 8” Width increments. Other customized sizes may be made with ease without affecting the action of the press. This is because the platen guiding and cylinder mounting are centralized in the top structure.
4. The bed height can be lower than pull down or base linkage presses since the beds only function is to provide a flat stiff structure. Standard Working Bed Height is 34”.
5. The Schwabe Straight Ram SR Series Press begins at 150 Tons of cutting force and is available up to 2,500 Tons of cutting force and is ideal for the typical Job Shop that has multiple dies with multiple sizes and cavities!
6. The Straight Ram Press with Die Shuttle mechanism can be operated as a Traveling Head Press with small dies or a Beam Press with large dies depending on the material, application and part requirements. Providing operational flexibility for the most demanding requirements.
7. Dies as small as 12” x 12” as well as 40” x 80” or larger, can easily die cut or kiss cut various materials with many different types of feed systems. The Die Shuttle mechanism is controlled via servo motor and Allen Bradley (or Siemens) programmable controller.
8. The Schwabe SR Series Press with Die Shuttle consists of one ball screw powered die holder rail and a freely adjustable die holder rail. The die is fitted with key stock to engage in the die rail holders. Pneumatic clamps activate to then form the shuttle.
9. The positional accuracy on both the “X” and “Y” directions is 0.001” thereby ensuring tight registration and tolerances are easily achieved.
10. The unique Schwabe SR Series Press design makes it easy to incorporate many combinations of material feeds. Among these are progressive feeds, roll feeds, belt feeds, sliding table (manual or powered) and clamp feeds.