Software Options provide Improved Efficiency
HYDRAULIC PRESSURE DIGITAL READOUT
An additional feature that can be added to a Freeman Schwabe machine is the hydraulic pressure digital readout on the touch screen.
- Operators can then see the actual cutting pressure`s percentage while running a particular program.
- The maximum pressure for that particular die or program can be stored within the written program itself.
- When the programmed percentage exceeds the maximum allowable pressure, an error will be displayed on the screen alerting the operator that this has happened.
- This is helpful in identifying die issues such as a dull die, the wrong material being produced for that program, or a worn cutting surface. The displayed pressure can also be added to be used as a reference only, depending on the customer`s needs.
HYDRAULIC FLUID TEMPERATURE CONTROL
Many customers also like to keep track of their hydraulic fluid temperature.
- This is essential when operating hydraulic die cutting equipment in warmer or heated environments.
- As the temperature of the oil exceeds the manufacturer`s recommendations or the hydraulic valve manufacturer`s recommendations, viscosity will be affected.
- This can cause pressure drops within the hydraulic system which can also affect the cutting pressure.
- The seals and o-rings within the hydraulic cylinders and valves can prematurely start to disintegrate due to overheating.
- Carbon deposits from the heated oil will also start to build up within these components and inside the hydraulic tank over long periods of time when running the equipment in extreme environments. This leads to downtime due to repairs of the hydraulic system.
- Although Freeman Schwabe provides oil cooling systems with a majority of our machines, these cooling systems can sometimes begin to fail with years of service and a disregard to regular preventative maintenance. When the hydraulic oil temperature exceeds the allowable setting in the software, an error message will be displayed alerting the operator.
- Maintenance personnel or Freeman Schwabe technical support can be contacted to help troubleshoot the cause of the high temperature being displayed, prior to costly repairs being needed.
For more information
+1 513 947 2888