We are pleased to announce Greg DeFisher President and CEO of Freeman Schwabe Machinery was recently appointed to the Board of Clermont County Ohio Port Authority.
“The Clermont County Port Authority (the Port) is a body corporate and politic established by the Board of County Commissioners as a tool to facilitate economic development in the community. The Port has a five-member board of directors with four-year staggered terms, and directors are appointed by the County Commissioners.”
Powers of the Clermont County Ohio Port Authority
• The broad powers granted under Ohio Revised Code section 4582 provide for the Port to facilitate economic development through the following methods:
• Acquire real and personal property;
• Own, lease, sell, and construct improvements to real property;
• Issue revenue bonds for port authority facilities;
• Issue voted general obligation bonds for port authority facilities and other permanent improvements;
• Levy voted taxes for all purposes of the port authority;
• Receive federal and state grants and loans and other public funds;
• Operate transportation, recreational, governmental, or cultural facilities, and set rates and charges for use of port authority facilities;
• Cooperate broadly with other governmental agencies and exercise powers delegated by such agencies.